Sunday, June 20, 2010

yea, me.

I walked 2 miles today. I finished 2 layouts. I took 128 photos, mostly of my nephew... Did you catch the begining of that? I walked 2 miles. It's not much. But when you're 100lbs over weight, it's a start.

I also learned today, that while there are lots of strictly digital companies operating, there are only a few paper companies that offer their products digitally as well. I first got curious about this when I picked up Zoe Pearns "Persimmion ". The colors of this kit, as well as the flower patterns are very similar to the My Minds Eye original "Bloom and Grow" line. I looked a little closer and, bam, there it was, in type. designed by Zoe Pearn...right there on the MME website...

Then a thread at 2 peas popped up today about which paper lines have also gone to digital. I learned that Carina Garner, Jen Allyson, and Deena Rutter (sold at design house digitals) also design lines for MME as well as the afore mentioned Zoe Pearn (Sweet Shoppe Designs). And that Chrystal Wilkerson's sweet summer line (sold at jessicasprague.com - used on my HMITM DT entry) was picked up by a new company called Echo Park. And that along with Basic Grey a few other companies have joined the digi revolution! KI memories, Kaiser Craft, DCWV (digitally known as 300dpi), and SEI all offer digi products. I wonder should this continue; if there will be more people switching to digi or hybrid? time will tell, but for this scrapper, this information makes it easier for her to think about parting with most of her paper stash.

Would I be trading one stash for another? Yep. You betcha... But then I wouldn't run out of my favorite paper, or hoard it for years knowing I'll never be able to use it again. See, look at the layout I did today...See that beautiful, just right kraft colored cardstock? It's by Vinnie Pearce (sold at 2 peas), it cost $0.99. I have used it 5 times. I'll never run out of Kraft paper again. I love that.




No comments:

Post a Comment