Friday, June 4, 2010

The Untie-er of shoes

Last night DBF (darling boy friend) and DSD (darling step-daughter) met up with the musketeer's, and their  families for a night at the races. The husband of Musketeer 1, races at the Waterford speed bowl. This only served to remind me that I really need faster photography lenses for my D90.  I have my eye on the 60mm f1.4 at the moment (Christmas is comming, hint hint). Since getting clear shots (though a fence, of fast moving cars, at dusk) was an imposibility, I opted to focus on my friends. Musketeer 1's youngest boy, has this thing about untying sneakers, and he's FAST! I think he had them all un-done at the same time (and we were there with 6 people). Well, after my DSD double knoted her shoes, he was back at it again, but I caught him on film...

(and like a 3 lane jersey slide, I quickly chage the subject to something completly different, or so it seems)

I saw a post on 2 peas a few weeks ago about a woman organizing her digi scrap stuff. she claimed to have 3 tetrabits of goodness. I can't even imagine. That would be like spring cleaning Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt's house in France. By yourself. 

On that note, I spent the whole day, I'm not kidding, the WHOLE day on the PC culling through 35 gig's of digi goodness that I have collected over the last 6 month.  I managed to remove 7 gig's of stuff!! most I just threw away (err, deleted) but there were a few kits that I put on cd's just in case. I was actually surprised that I had that much digi dust built up. but thats the price you pay when 1. You say "Oh, I'll use that someday." or 2. Your new to digi land and you haven't settled into what your style is, or 3. You are a natural born deal finder, and anything thats free is for the grabbing... I am all three of those. But the deed is done,  the p.c. is cleaner, and freshly defraged, and I am better organized. I am more aware of what I have. And what I have left is stuff I really like, and I know I'll use it (someday).  I'm liking the end result...

Until...

Until I'm working on a LO that I just finished a few minutes ago, and what stumped me was finding an element that would work in the space between "caught" and the photo's. Nothing fit. Nothing was inspiring. Nothing worked. Even now I'm not thrilled about the "you are here" rub on... but it was the best I could do tonight. 

The credits for this is long and distinguised: Songbird Avenue (June 2010) "Summer Meadows", Studio Gypsy "Soft Ink Mats", Studio Manu "Worn Overlays", One Little Bird "Innovator", The Blog Train Blog collab (March 2010) "Shine On", Design House Digital's NSD collab "Spring Fever", Deane Rutter "Hotel California",  Stuff To Scrap collab (May 2010) "Because I Said So", Paislee Press "View Finder Overlays"


Vacation will be comming to an end soon, and I think I'll have to slow down on the posting (only a little, I'm not going to be slient for 2 years again).

No comments:

Post a Comment