Monday, June 7, 2010

Off to a Good Start

Ok I should know better than to stay up until almost 3 in the morning the Sunday before I go back to work after a week off... Wait I do know better, but my body doesn't like to listen. I tossed and turned, and finally got up and re-watched last weeks Glee episode on Hulu (yes, yes - I'm a gleek, becasue who doesn't want to live a world that breaks out into song and dance?). Yet despite the obivoius lack of sleep, I had a decent day at work. Nothing and no-one got under my skin. I came home to happy fur babies. I made a wonderful watermelon salad (the recipe I will try and get posted tomorrow). I got new photos of my 5 month old nephew that were e-mailed to me...

And then I turned on itunes, checked  my blog and I have not one, but two comments! I so did a little happy dance! Thank you ladies. I know I may not always comment about comments, but it was a really nice surprise. Megan, yes, I did send you that card (and as instructed I hope you have it at work), becasue you are amazing! and as a double bonus I had a new follower too! and to think all I had wanted to do today was share some Scrappy/card stuff, and share a favorite photo....

So, here we go, really quick, A reminder that Mojo Monday has a new challenge out today, as does the How Much is Too Much? blog. Speaking of HMITM, I recieved a quick email stating that they recieved my application and LO for the design team, and that I should hear on the 21st of June as to weither I made the cut (fingers crossed). There are some amazing, talented ladies trying out for this and I would be honored to be chosen.

The next thing was to introduce you to 2 (new to me blogs) the first is A Guy's Guide to Surviving Scrapbooking, and the second one is No Bad Photos. So here is my not perfect, no bad photo to share with you...
This is a not so perfect photo that I love.  I have done just about everything I can do it in PSE 7 to get it to look more clear,  Ive tried changing it to black and white, played with layers, ect. This version is the one I like the best. This was my first wedding photography job, last summer. Of course then I was so excited! Every photo was SO good! I took over 700 photos. Now a year later I look back, and while some are still good, most are not. It was a beautiful sunny day, the wedding was at 2:00. I had over exposed skin, and deep shadows on faces. I had weird shadow patterns from trees... but this one stands as my favorite. Sure, It's a little blurry. But I love the FEEL of the photo. I love the moment alone, in their own world, fairytale quality of the photo. I love that they are facing each other,their stances casual, comfortable, and yet in admiration of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment