Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wide Awake

I am a night owl. I don't think my days should start before 10:00 in the morning, I was born to work second shift. Of this I'm sure. But right now, I'm really glad I'm on vacation. It's about 2:15 in the morning, and I can't sleep. This is a rare occurance for me... not being able to sleep. I was so tired 2 hours ago I almost fell asleep re-reading Tale of The Body Thief by Anne Rice (book 4 of the vampire cronicles).

It's hot, and muggy (with a bit of fog). The windows in the bedroom are open, the fan is on high, my boyfriend is snoring slightly, and I was laying in bed wondering when, if, would, I please fall asleep. I have given up for the time being. I am thirsty. I have the Ana Nalick song "Breathe (2 am)" stuck in my head. I'm wearing suglasses.  The screen is very bright when it's the only thing emitting light in a pitch black room.

It's the fan's fault that I'm awake. I'm sure of this. It happens every year as it starts to get warm.  There's something about the noise of the air through the fan that bothers me. Snoring is rythmic, and usually helps me fall asleep. Air conditioners I can tune right out. Vaccumes don't disturb me. Even the garbage trucks, trains, lour car exhausts, church bells, police sirens, and my loud Italian neighbor yelling at her 2 boys will not stir me from slumber, or in any way inhibit me from nodding off. But that freakin' fan! UGGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment