Saturday, June 19, 2010

Notes From The Week & a Card...

This week:

Monday: I was laughed at by a drug rep. The office was listening to the radio, and a old Hootie & The Blowfish song was on.  I was caught, dancing in my seat to the refrain of "hold me, hold me, 'cause I want to get higher and higher". The man stopped in his tracks, did a double take and laughed. I just smiled and kept dancing... till that annoying invention called a telephone rang.

Tuesday: Card class with my Stampin' Up demonstrator. Carol is just an awesome, and her cards are uber cute! I love hanging out with the girls for a couple of hours ever couple of weeks, and she let us sneak peak the new catalogue... you're gonna LOVE it!

Wednesday & Thursday: Home Depot delivered the new dryer to my DBF's house, and I was asked by one of the nurses in the office if I would make a card for her nieces high school graduation... needs it by Friday. No problem.  I used a set of $1 stamps that can be found at Michael's (from last summer). and see those tiny tassels!? White embroidery floss colored with (you guessed it) Copics, to match and glued down and a clear spica glitter marker to add a bit of sparkle!

Friday: Took photos of the dogs playing with the hose & in the kiddie pool (see post below to meet my dogs) also got a really good pics of some of the flowers around the yard. This one is of the lavender by the front walk... and I played in PSE 7,just for fun!


Saturday: Today, I'm a blogging fool. But also wanted to share some fun scrap stuff with you... first, Jessica Sprague is going to have a free class on digital card making, to celebrate her sites 3rd birthday. They are also having a large blog hop with a total of 33 freebies (this weekend only)! I love freebies. I bet you do too. Second, if you have time, I'd loved it if you checked out Operation Write Home. They are a non-profit group that sends hand made (blank on the inside cards) to our armed force members serving overseas so that they can write home to their family and friends. Since I have more than a few friends, and family in different branches of the military, this is one group I keep close in mind and heart. Thirdly, 2 fonts for you... Matchbox and Chunk. I love Chunk, it looks so much like the QK font Roxy. bet you could mix and match in a breeze.  And last, I love this blog, she has some amazing ideas!

Oh, and on a personal note, I'm getting a bit nervous about the HMITM DT call entry.. I should know by Monday if I made it onto the team,  but to be honest, I'm biting my nails to the nubs and crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment