Saturday, June 5, 2010

Copic Markers...

These days when someone mentions Copic markers, I start silently purring. I know, weird right? but most often when the subject come up between my scrappin' buddies and I it leads to lots of questions... Do I use them? Yes. Are they as good as people claim? Yes. How many colors are there? Over 340. Seriously?! Seriously.  And the list goes on...

Copics are a professional alcohol dye ink based art marker. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of tutorials on how to use, blend, and shade. The upsides: blending is seemless when done right. I have yet to find a surface they are not permanent on (once the ink is dry). They are dual tipped, with air tight caps. As long as the cap is on tightly, they are guarnteed not to dry out for a minimum of 3 years. The are refillable. I can almost always find a color or blend a color to match every project I've worked on. Downside: price. Some special products required. And the best place, based on prices for the sketch style markers, and they also have marker racks too(yay!)...Carpe Diem Store

And on this note, for everyone (espically Patti-kins) I wanted to share some projects that I haven't previously posted, which I have colored with copics. And of you want to view more, visit my 2 peas gallery, here, here, here, here, and finally, here.  Please note that the "Mermaid Couple" card only the skin tones, and water background were done with Copic markers. The rest (tail and hair) was colored using Gamsol & Prisma colored pencils. Also, On the "Sweet Child of Mine" LO ( from my never before seen "Unphotographable - The Songs" album) the title started out as Basic Grey's white chocolate chipboard, that I used a black Copic marker on and then coated it with Ranger's Glossy Accents.








My LSS has recently gotten someone to a certification class, and will be starting tutorials soon. I don't know how much I'll learn after all the you-tube tutorials, but one never knows until one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment