Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tagged.. on Indpendence day weekend...

I've been tagged by Megan.. So anyone coming from her blog.. here are 7 things you most likely don't know about me...

1. I'm on Team Vampire. Yes, really. Hands down. No, you cannot make me change my mind. No it does not have to do with the twilight series, most of those are just band wagon fans. Give me Dracula, Blade, The Lost boys, Buffy & Angel, The Underworld Trilogy, and Anne Rice. They and many others were here long before Twilight. And yes, I like Twilight too, but not so much Edward... I'm all about Emmet, Alice, and Jasper!

2.  I didn't get a car for my 16th birthday. I didn't get my licence either. I got my licence at 19, and for my 16th birthday I bought a Catamaran ( Cat-a-ma-ran -a low to the water dual hulled boat with a tarp in the middle) and my Step dad taught me how to sail it. It cost $300 and about $500 in repairs to make it sail-able.

3. I am a massage therapist. However with the economy so tight right now, picking are a bit slim so I work in a doctor's office as a receptionist full time.

4. I have a lead foot. My last speeding ticket was from last June. I have been to driver retraining 2 times due to this. It has not stopped my speeding.

5. I love working with my hands. My grandfather was a wood worker by trade, and I think this has been passed down to me. I love doing paper crafts (that should be obvious from past posts), But I also love doing home projects, I am a fearless user of  nail guns, band saws,  razor knifes, drills, table saws, wrenches, sockets, nails, screws, I can frame a wall, hang drywall, and use joint compound. I can mix cement, and epoxy. I can lay flooring, silicon beads and grout for tiles. I love the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, and taking pride in my hard work especially when it comes out looking better than I planned on. Home Depot is in the top 3 of my favorite stores.

6. I watch a very limited amount of TV. Most of that I watch on hulu.com. My Boyfriend and I don't have cable.

7. I am a child magnet, much the thankful amusement of my friends, and the astonishment of people I barely know. If I'm anyplace that has kids, whether I know them or not ( think holiday party, or BBQ) I always end up with someone handing off an infant for feeding, or a random kid on my lap. I don't go out of my way for this to happen, but it does. And I love it. I don't have kids of my own (yet), and I adore their sounds, random snuggles, and playing with them. I'm the girl that plays peek a boo in the restaurant with the 2 year old that's in the booth behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment