Saturday, July 10, 2010

...and the show goes on.

Life, that is. All the worlds a stage, says Shakespeare. And he is SO right. And while life happend I don't always have time to post, but at least it makes it onto my todo list even if I don't always have time to get to it. I am kind of enviable of those that get in a post everyday, or every other day. So here's what been going on with me...
4th of July weekend: went sailing, didn't being a camera. and of course we sailed someplace new, we went to Montauk, NY by crossing Long Island Sound. I do have a funky digi layout of this now complete but it's on my DBF's pc, rather than on my laptop. Found out brother has gotten the new iPhone 4, I'm now insanely jealous, I spend an hour oh him phone playing the Angry Birds app/game! And I'm sure the my bff, Megan will soon follow suit.

Tuesday: I worked the early morning shift at with for a coworker who has to babysit her grandbaby last minute. Also, my sister flew in from Colorado with her youngest son for a week visit. Disgustingly hot and humid enegry zapping weather has moved into the area. due to stay around until the weekend. Ugh.

Wednesday: despit wathering, all plants drooping from heat. Lawn more brown than green, burned from sun & heat. Tomatoes forming, and Peas appearing on the vines. also rasberries ripening like mad.

Thursday: Have been partaking in a free card and computer tricks class over at JessicaSprague.com. I decided that instead of just watching other poeple make computer generated goodness, that I would print up something too... Went to load the printer software on my "new-er" laptop, the one that has my Photoshop Elements on it just to find out that my HP c3100 isn't compatable with Vista. "$#$& @!" We someone on freesyslve is going to get a decent scanner and printer! but now I have to shell our $$ for a new printer. Anyway, was unable to print or partake in the class.

Friday: I found out today, after forgetting to set the alarm and oversleeping by 45 min's that there were 3 coworkers that had birthday's this week. It was probably a good thing I didn't know ahead of time because my b-day card stash is down to nothing! AAGGHH! time for some major card making... (but no time to do it!) Also went for a hike at Devil's Hopyard for a little while, instead of going to the gym. The air was like breathing through soup, even at 7:30 in the evening.  I did bring my camera, but there wasn't enough light at that time in the deep woods to photgraph anything well. But the company was great, and the stream water was clear and cold when we waded through after hiking up, and back down a big hill.

Saturday: to the gym, sore after the hike. Doing shores. cleaning, laundry ect. Also got 2 cards made. Will show you soon! Also downloading the new ipod 4 update (seems to be taking a while). Tonight's plans canceled by the weather - heat and humidity relieving rain has arrived,  in a big way. That also means tonight's plans for watching the New London's fireworks from the boat is out too.

Tomorrow plans: Family picnic at the yacht club. sun, sand, sailing, photos. alcohol. Current weather prediction: perfect day, or so they say.. but then.. we'll have to wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. I have played Angry Birds. I need to keep it off my phone for now so I don't waste all my time playing it. iPhone4 will be purchased. Probably in September. :)

    ReplyDelete