Thursday, July 29, 2010

Seems Like...

I'm doing a lot of catch up on this blog. While definitely blogging more than I have in the past few years, I never seem to get to things on here as fast as I want to. Bear with me a bit, I'm still working on a different balance to my life.

I have started really working at losing weight. putting my eating choices and excersize time first, instead of last... basically making my health and my weight a priority. For more info, and to see how I'm doing, check out my new page "The Hard Truth".

I hope by the end of the weekend to have a couple new layouts to show you, and a few new cards as well. Last Saturday was an extremely hot and muggy day here, so after inside chores were done,  there was nothing that could be done outside (it's a really bad day here, when, at 8am it was at 92% humidity and 79 degrees F) except to play in the air conditioning. I have been on a birthday making card kick after running into 5 work b-days in July that I didn't have cards for.

Also, a quick reminder that August 1st is a Pagan holiday, the first of the harvest festivals, and I'm looking forward to a healthy feast of fresh garden veggies (my peas and beans are ready as are the first of the cherry tomatoes, as well as the raspberries, the first couple of zucchini's and cucumbers have matured, too!) and this should fit right into my diet. it will also include the best carrot cake ever (from my aunt's recipe) for desert.

And on the scrapping side, August 1st should also be the release of the new Songbird Avenue charity collab kit, and The Daily Digi also releases the next collection of kits, know as "the Digi files" that day too. The How Much is too Much challenge blog also is back to having a new challenge every week instead of every other week, check them out on Monday to see the next challenge, I know they would love to have more people play along! Mojo Monday also has a card design challenge every Monday too, and this Monday, being the 1st Monday of the month means their challenge will also be a contest. If you are looking for some great inspiration, you should check this out! The designs they come up with from a single sketch is amazing. Page maps too should be releasing another month of page sketches for both paper and digital designs. Finally, the Wacom Pen Scrappers blog should have a new free kit and a challenge at the beginning of August too!

And have you been following the Paper Clipping Roundtable or the Paper Clipping Roundtable Digi show Pod casts, they are really cool! Highly suggest checking them out for a few laughs, some great info, and some really cool picks of the week, and both shows are related, the discussions are very different! You can access these pod casts through the iTunes store or through the Paper clipping website.

No comments:

Post a Comment